Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Underwear Rags

     My wife claims it isn't funny; but, I never claimed it was funny. Although I did laugh.
     I had placed an old undershirt on the end of the couch saying that I had another rag for her. She glanced at it and declared with slight disgust, "I don't do rags from underwear." Her odd statement combined with mistaking the undershirt for underpants (gross) was humorous to me. I corrected her, still chuckling, and she replied with slight disgust, "It's not really funny."
     At this point I was just overcome with the masculine counterpart to "the giggles" and offered it up as the topic of my next blog entry. She predictably persisted that "It wouldn't be funny."
     Now despite all the chuckling, I never said it would be funny. I simply said it would be the topic of this blog, though not seriously. Unfortunately, I was pushed into it just to prove her wrong. So, here you have it. Are you laughing yet?

4 comments:

Catherine Wannabe said...

Wow. Still not funny. But I love you lots!

ballast photography said...

Well, I got a hearty chuckle out of the situation (sorry, Catherine) Especially the mental picture I get of her dusting the dining room table with a worn pair of underpants!

Catherine Wannabe said...

Your new About Me blurb is fantastic! Write more poetry!

ballast photography said...

I agree about the poem!!