Monday, August 20, 2007

So-Called Weekend Projects

     If anyone here has ever truly finished a do-it-yourself, home improvement type, "weekend project" in one weekend, in its entirety, without a single item left unfinished for the next three years when you finally "get to it", please raise your hand. I am not talking about your simple, run of the mill, paint job or putting together your new grill. What I am pretty much working toward here is that no matter how much time you think you need to get it done, it's going to take longer.
     In addition, I find that there is always something you didn't count on. So far - praised be to our beloved Lord - I haven't hit that one yet, but I'll give it some more time. Why more time? Well because if you look at the timestamp on this post you'll see that the weekend is over. Sadly, the project is not finished, but it's looking good. I'll have to get a shot of it. After bed, after peeling my aching body out of bed, and after work tomorrow. I hope someone out there is praying for me by now!
     Good night.

2 comments:

ballast photography said...

Yes, I am aware that the "weekend project" has been the bane of many a mortal man. However, no weekend project could possibly thwart one who has conquered Don Quixote in Spanish.

Icon-1 said...

I had to read that in Spanish! Don't let me fool you though. We only read excerpts.