Thursday, August 2, 2007

2 Days 'Til Vacation

     I have two days to go before leaving for a much-desired, eagerly-anticipated, and dearly-needed vacation. Yet, I fear that I have so much to accomplish in the next two days for stability's sake that, if I don't get it all done, I will be thinking about it during vacation. Part of me wants to just say, "Oh well, it's a good thing no one will be able to reach me in the distant hills of wherever". (Location ommitted in case anyone had any ideas of tracking me down.) The more responsible side of me thinks I would be derelict to leave it all behind especially if it's incomplete. The best I can do at this point, instead of trying to get it all done, is to stop wasting my lunch time on this blog and start getting people comfortable with the status of everything and letting them know who will handle it, if anyone, and what will happen when I get back. Does that sound fair? I hope so, because if it's not, I'll waste my vacation worrying about it.

3 comments:

Manchild said...

ah, don't think about work on vacation, it defeats the poit, have fun!

ballast photography said...

Wow, I feel now as though I may have violated all the rules of internet safety by consistently posting my location all about the country for a month! Have fun, on those distant hills, wherever they may be...

Tranquil Thunder said...

I know this is late, but never-the-less... let them deal with the loss of you for a little while. They will appreciate you more and realize where they have inadequate back-up support.

When I left for our excursion, I didn't want to be out-of-the-loop regarding the goings-on in the office--especially since my job is going away--but I didn't want to be doing any work either. So I left this note on my desk:

I am on leave from 3-27 July 2007.

Please send all incentive packages, employment opportunities, and coworker resignation notices to:

< email address >

< cell number >

I may not have access to email or cellular service for several days at a time, but I will attempt to check my messages daily when possible.

I am on vacation.

Please route work-related requests to someone who is not on vacation.