Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Being "Mates" with Inmates

     I am quite disappointed to see that I have not blogged since June 15th. I was incredulous when my inspiration for blogging said it was so. So, I believe I owe the four or five of you an explanation.
     I have been deeply involved with prison ministry this past month. I go every Sunday, Wednesday, and Saturday to give spiritual support, counsel, and fellowship to the inmates. They are a great group of men. I am very drawn to the ministry there and really wish I did not have to leave. These men are hungry for answers. They also desire to be seen as human beings. There is a terrible loss of dignity when you are an inmate. I hope that the few hours I have with them will help restore that dignity which comes from being made in the image and the likeness of God.
     I only have a few weeks left. I know the men will miss us and we them, so I am trying to find someone to fill in for me when I return to classes. Please take the time to pray for them. It's not an easy life, especially if the rest of it will be in prison.

1 comment:

ballast photography said...

Thanks for the update, Chant. It is good to know that your absence from bloggerland was neither wanton nor meaningless. Give the mates a found "Cheerio"!