Friday, June 15, 2007

One Eternal Choice

     I was working on a really thought-out, philosophical post for my blog today to finish up my free will in heaven series. I have given up on that one. Not that I do not have adequate material, but I just don't have the time to make it coherent. Besides, my posts have just been way too long. Maybe because they are former five-page philosophy papers made to fit in a blog post. At least, that's one theory.
     For now, I am concluding that there is free will in heaven and that choice may be something foreign to eternity. God is what we willed all along as we sought to satisfy any desire, rightly or wrongly. We are hard-wired to want Him, but there's that original sin thing that obscures our vision. Then, there was the day we chose Him and not our own selfish misguided ends. By His grace we saw how eternal communion with Him was what we were longing for all along. Nothing else compares; and so, we wait for the day when our wills will be absolutely free from any distraction. They will be at rest in the very God whom we've longed for in every desire we sought to satisfy.
     When our wills are at rest, we no longer have to choose. Making choices is just another burden anyway. Especially if you're me. I won't even tell you how long it took me to decide whether or not to scrap the initial post for this one. Its a sickness, but you can bet I'm not going to see a doctor about it. (That's an easy choice.) Lord, haste the day when I can just sit back, relax, and enjoy the rewards of the one choice that is eternal. Loving God.

3 comments:

Manchild said...

deep, very deep, oh, i like the title of your world map, and your little poem about blogger and frogger

Manchild said...

yuo should read my blog about cloning

Catherine Wannabe said...

IS GREGORIAN CHANT DEAD????????