Thursday, November 8, 2007

Nueva Entrada

     Well, this is strange. I decided I would take some of my very valuable time tonight to actually post an entry to my blog and I discover everything is in Spanish. For some, this might pose a problem. Thankfully, I know the language and navigate quite easily with it. In any case, this is but a brief intrusion into the blogosphere. Of most worthy note are my studies. I am reading The Tripersonal God by Gerald O'Collins, S.J. Quite informative if you're seeking to understand the limits of what we know from divine revelation and reason about the Godhead, but comprehension of that mystery will always elude us.
     At times, I feel uncomfortable with mystery. I want to know the truth about the object I am studying. I want to know it in its entirety so I can make the best possible judgment I can. Not surprisingly, I cannot do so with God. Though He is simple in regards to His being, He remains beyond the grasp of the greatest human intellect. We can only begin to understand him through analogy, and in that we must be resigned to say that whatever similarities He has to His creation, he is utterly distinct from anything in creation. We also use the way of negation. God is NOT mortal, NOT measurable, NOT visible, NOT limited, NOT finite, NOT made of parts, NOT bound to time, NOT, NOT, NOT. (That should suffice for the point.)
     So, I hope you have enjoyed this short foray into my studies. I would write more, but I have to read the rest of that book for Saturday. On second thought, I would like to correct the language problem with my blog, but nothing seems to be working. All indicators are that this is clearly the work of the Ghost of Cervantes.

1 comment:

ballast photography said...

Yes, I can assure you with all certantity that your difficulties are Cervantine in nature. In life, Quixote was given to attributing anomolies to spectres and the like, so it is only natural that he, himself, would return to haunt us on the same day I announced his demise.